Your Exam Day
The big day has finally come…after an intense period of exam preparation, you can now prove what you have learned.
Our aim is to make your exam day as convenient as possible for you. However, in order to achieve this, a couple of things need to be taken into account:
- Please make sure to be at the institute at least 30 minutes before the official start of the first exam part. This allows us to start on time and without any unnecessary delays.
- Cambridge exams guarantee standardised test conditions for all exam takers around the world – this ensures fair exam conditions and the global comparability of results.
Therefore it is important to:
- be familiar with the Rules and Regulations (Summary Regulation Notice) of Cambridge English Language Assessment, which will be sent to you by email about two weeks prior to your exam date.
- not use or attempt to use any electronic devices (smartphones, ipads, cameras, smartwatches, etc.) during the exam or during breaks between papers. (All electronic devices will be collected by the invigilator at the beginning of the exam, stored securely, and be given back to you at the end of your exam.)
- bring valid ID (passport, driving licence, ID card) with you.
- not bring anything to your desk in the exam room apart from a clear plastic bottle of water, pens and pencils, necessary medication and tissues.
- Be familiar with the computer-based test format. Invigilators are not allowed to answer any questions about this during the exam.
Furthermore, please note that prior to the oral exam a picture of you will be taken. This increases the security of the test and will help organisations such as universities, employers and immigration authorities confirm your results quickly and easily. No one will be able to access your picture unless you give them access to it.
Your results will be available online approximately two or three weeks after the exam. A little later, your certificate will be sent from Cambridge/UK to Vienna – you will be automatically informed once your certificate has arrived. Please feel free to pick it up from our institute during our opening hours.